Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: any rallyx in atlanta ga area soon?

I got the tax info, but it's owned by an LLC, so I'm having trouble finding a contact phone number. I do have a mailing address though.... the search continues.

dang... mailing address in a UPS store... doesn't help much.

2. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here

good stuff

Should have something soon I hope. My "sponsor" says he'll find us a place when he gets home from vacation if we haven't found anything yet. I met this guy in a parking lot when he pulled up in his brand new 11 sti to ask me a few questions about about my car. After a minute my wife realized she had operated with him a few times. He, for some reason, just seemed to really like us. Next thing I know, I'm at dirtfish along with a nascar driver's shop manager, and the dude I met in the parking lot payed for the entire trip (school, flight, food, suite at the Market Inn at Pikes Market, ect). He's taking me back again soon for three days of private instruction, along with a nascar driver (that he's friends with) who happens to have a lot of land in my area, owns a local ford dealership, and is very interested in rally.

Long story short... The dude seems to always get what he wants, money is not a problem for him, and he says he wants to get some rallycross in the area asap. We'll see what happens.

DirtyImpreza Badass

Just read through this thread this morning, looking very positive about you guys getting something going in ATL area. I'll be sending Charles an email to make sure he has all the material he needs to help you.

Brent
    POM SPEED Racing
    SCCA CSCC Prairie City(where we gets dirty) BlueRibbonCoalition SEMA political network SCCA RXB member

Hrm, may have to make a unplanned trip up to the ATL if a rallycross happens this year.

This sounds stellar guys. Thanks for all the help, I would love to just start getting involved. Maybe watch, help out, and eventually try to race if its not too hard on my car and my wallet.

Registered Member

i will definitely be there too guys

Apparently the site literature is not ready yet. A site for SCCA RallyCross needs to be in open areas - or at least open enough that we have 25' to trees and such. More space is necessary sometimes. It's definitely easier if the terrain is flat, but hilly sites can still work. Prevailing winds that blow to residential areas can be a problem. Dusting the neighbors will get you complaints. 10-20 acres seem to work well but smaller sites can be made to work too.

Currently the site in HSV utilizes a kart dirt oval plus some surrounding area. I just estimated it that we use about about 5 acres to lay the track out on. We use a total of about 8 acres including the area we park and grid on.
    Charles / '00 2.5RS sedan & '06 Evo

Sam Albert
    Revolutionary Sports Team
    Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by driveclimbslide View Post
    I haven't, but I'll be driving right by there tomorrow, and know several people that race there. I'll check and see if they have a place suitable. I haven't been to a race there in many many years, so I'm not sure what the grounds are like these days.

(This is Christopher from yesterday btw... I have the suspension on and just finished setting the camber. I just have to adjust the toe and find a good spot to mount the reservoirs and I'll be ready to hit some dirt roads.)

Still working... I'm determined. I went and looked at some land to possibly buy yesterday, but the guy was off his rocker on the price.

One other thing I need to mention is that sandy soil doesn't hold up real well. It'll for sure still be fun, but if a bunch of cars show up, the course ruts up real easily. I see that you're in Macon. I'm not sure where the sandy soil starts. I know they have it in Valdosta.
    Charles / '00 2.5RS sedan & '06 Evo

Quote Originally Posted by slowautoxr View Post
    One other thing I need to mention is that sandy soil doesn't hold up real well. It'll for sure still be fun, but if a bunch of cars show up, the course ruts up real easily. I see that you're in Macon. I'm not sure where the sandy soil starts. I know they have it in Valdosta.
    It depends on what part of town... some parts are sandy and some are red clay. I figure for now, I'll take anything I can find. The sand doesn't stick to everything like the red clay at least.

I just got a reply from one site, and the guy said, "we'd love to host such an event. I myself have a lotus exige. Unfortunately, we recently signed a "special events" agreement with the local government, that we didn't learn until after the fact that it forbids motorsports of any kind. After this year, we can appeal it. Until then, we can't help."

This site is in Newnan. I guess we could potentially have it for next year, but that doesn't help for right now. He said he would keep an eye out for a location for us and let me know if he came across anything. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few people.

I went by Senoia Raceway again, after looking at google maps. The gate was closed the first time and I couldn't tell where property lines where. There is a large grass field that appears to be part of their property. I've sent an email and left a message, but haven't heard anything back yet.
    Last edited by Topher; 05-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Registered Member

Just FYI, I was working on some stuff in mid GA a few years back. I was planning on a fixed couse SSS style course. We ran in to issues with waterways as the land is still classified as flood plain.

BUT, that was only part of the land we would have available. The land is owned by my family and is all grazing pasture currently, so it should be available.

The issue is that it's about 70 mi south of Atlanta. It's about a 1:20 drive from the middle of town. I told our local (AL) SCCA Rally chair about it a couple of years back and he pitched the site to ATL SCCA region and there was no interest in a site that far away.

One piece of property is here ... 32.869264,-84.644079
    Another couple of options are here ... 32.8658,-84.641788 ... and here ... 32.864727,-84.641067

These locations are NOT flood plain but were not big enough to go through with our plans for a fixed SSS. They are mostly red clay with packed mica under that. Some areas have grass.

I'm dead serious ... if you are interested in something this far from Atlanta I can 100% get you a site for a very reasonable fee.

touringbubble*gmail

17. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast