Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wes's Off-Road Scion tC

Default Wes's Off-Road Scion tC

Yeah yeah, "Please post non-impreza / rallying pictures in Off-Topic." Fine! I guess this is where my build thread is going then.

Behold! The dirty tC!

Modifications not obvious is pics:
    - 'Custom' short-ram intake (I put 'custom' in quotes because I just slapped some crap together and it worked.)
    - Custom exhaust (Megan Racing 4-2-1 header -> 18" hushpower -> 12" flowmaster cat -> 12" cherrybomb -> mandrel-bent 2.25" tubing out the side in front of back right wheel)

To-do list:
    - Street roll bar (I know the harness mounts are super dangerous; I don't do any sort of driving that poses any kind of extra rollover risk)
    - 2" lift all around (probably just gonna fashion some strut-frame spacers)
    - Fix broken winch, haha
    - Replace glass roof with a bus-style emergency hatch
    - Skid plate (gonna be a PITA; oil pan sticks out like crazy)
    - Hydraulic handbrake
    - Steering wheel airbag

Little girl across the street wanted to use my excess fender flare material for an art project.

Here are some pics of my brother's off-road wagon:

Coolest tc ever. Ha ha
    Pavel
    Master DNF

Forum Moderator
    Colorado Mob Boss

very nice... any action shots... btw i moved this to the non impreza members journal forum

thats some serious Mad Max **** right there

Garage Fab Innovations

looks great!
    Love it...
    couple questions:
    You have ABS with on/off switch? (don't see reason for car like that to have abs at all),
    Is that hole in front wing is for intake? And can you add snurkel there?
    Why u want steering wheel with airbag if you have multipoint harness and other mods??
    And is it AWD?
    And suggestion:
    I thing you need bucket seat to complete the package
    Roof lights

ANyway car is GREAT!
    98 Impreza Sport
    94 Impreza WRX wagon - SOLD
    93 Impreza GL sedan - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Lincx View Post
    looks great!
    Love it...
    couple questions:
    The car comes stock with ABS... It does kick in on asphalt if you kick down on the brake too hard. The car does weigh 3200 pounds, and the calipers are nice and big, so it tends to lock the wheels pretty easily. (I put the switch in for making J turns and such out on the sand. )

You hit the nail on the head with the hole on the front! I have a PVC snorkel rig that I made interchangeable with my short ram. Haven't had a good excuse to use it yet, but I have it just in case!

This thing, despite its looks, is still my daily driver (it does double duty, haha) so most of the time while I'm on the street I wear the normal seat belt, and I would like to have an airbag in the steering wheel. It's not very high on my priorities list right now though.

No, haha, it is not AWD. I wish! Though friends have told me that FWD can be more fun than AWD out on the rally track...

I have definitely been considering buckets, but I'm worried they will be a PITA getting into and out of many times a day. We'll see.

I want roof lights real bad! But the entire roof is glass... Once I get around to replacing the glass with a hatch, I'll bolt lights all over it.

Thanks for the compliments--glad you like it! You guys rock!

Who knew a Toyota corolla erm I mean scion tc. Would ever be so cool?
    What sucks and blows and doesn't complain about it? My turbo

2003 WRX

Re: sig pic
    you have nothing big to be jealous about... :wink:

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnome
    relax i understand your just jelous of my size

Quote: Originally Posted by Bubba02sti
    I was just giving you crap again... the size is fine now...

Quote: Originally Posted by Gnome
    grrr you and you size issues, are you jelous mines bigger than yours?

Quote: Originally Posted by Bubba02sti
    im just giving you can crap... can you make the pic any smaller... i think its too large still...

[02-09, 12:39] RS MN vtec just kicked in, yo.
    RSmn-gay checks(
    XVI)

For the lulz, here are some pics of the uh... 'history' of my car. I had a hell of a lot of fun messin around on this car, but I believe its current incarnation is going to stick.

Laugh, cry, go 'wtf'... I regret nothing!

In the very beginning… it was blue, it had an autobots logo, it had spray-painted racing stripes… It was a mess, and it was awesome. (I was 17 and in high school, and I had the coolest car ever, bahaha.)

Then a year or so passed, and it ended up like this.

Cut a Return to Castle Wolfenstein logo out of plastic with a laser at school… :]

Did I mention my car is painted with chalkboard paint? UCSD imports club got ahold of some chalk…

Ghoster switch, CB radio, fogs, and ignition.

A cool-looking (albeit very much overbuilt) short ram intake I put together:

Here’s a ‘mural’ my girlfriend did:

Here’s a cool pic my photographer friend took:

My buddy Max and I weldin in a hushpower to bring the noise level down a bit…

Trunk sub; still have the same setup today.

‘Home Depot Lip’ made with garage door liner, rofl.

Good pic of my fogs, crappy ram-air intake, and sheet metal lip.

Mostly unrelated but related to the mad max-ity of my car, here’s my girlfriend with a riot shield I built out of .177” lexan polycarb. :] You can see my brother in the back working on his jeep he had at the time. (he has since ran it into the ground and sold it, as he does with most of his cars.)

This pic ALMOST makes me miss having a street car… almost.

What my exhaust looked like once upon a time…

(It sounded like this! http://megaswf.com/serve/63067/ )

First removal of bumpers… I think it looked pretty badass like this. Of course it all went downhill from here!

JEEP BUMPERS.

Some riced up tC owner hated my car so much he made this. (I adopted it as my signature banner because I thought it was effin rad!)

Hurst t-handle.

Very short-lived (but thoroughly enjoyed) bosozoku exhaust.

Here's the snorkel; still works, but I think i'ma work on building a new one that follows the line of the car up to the roof.

Installing the winch...

Got sick of the super boso... drew way too much cop attention! (This stage sounded really cool, haha.)

Tractor flap... it had to be done. Rattled like crazy though; it didn't stay on for long.

Finally chopped it back down to a normal can...

After first mudbath!

This is RADICAL!
    And you did all this to reasonably new car.. most would experiment like that only on old piece of crap....
    I like most of your mods... but that tailpipes way up in the air were VERY ridiculous! LOL Good thing you get rid of them....
    And previously we talked about seats - i have bucket in my DD WRX - getting in and out aren't that bad... so i think you will be fine...
    and im really surprised that this is your DD too....
    Last edited by Lincx; 07-16-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    98 Impreza Sport
    94 Impreza WRX wagon - SOLD
    93 Impreza GL sedan - SOLD

Senior Dirty Member

awesome car - I saw you on the freeway in San Diego and almost crashed trying to get a better look. Friggin RAD. Love the huge ass exhaust.

and your cat is bad ass. more pics plz
    Quote Originally Posted by UP2MTNS View Post
    you have some serious, serious issues, Eli.....

WES! glad you could finally make it over here dude!

Fiona told me about the sad decent into madness this car took, but she left out some er...colourful...details.

gotta get those harnesses in better place though. i didnt see where your anti sub straps were mounted in the dark, thats a potentially deadly placement if you got ina front end collision. if you dont want to cut your seats up there is a way you can run them over the top of the seat so you sit on them and they wrap around. talk to some SCCA guys, as thats how they get around safely mounting a 6 point without changing seats (which would change classification).

anyway, good to see you finally meandered over.

rally on,
    Mike
    - Mike Mc

hotpinkrally |
    Gorilla Offroad Company | AMSOIL | GoPro Cameras

Dude!!!! Your TC is all kinds of awesome!!! Welcome to the boards man!! You mos def belong here!!

Registered Member

i'm loving the chalkboard paint

Quote Originally Posted by Lincx View Post
    This is RADICAL!
    And you did all this to reasonably new car.. most would experiment like that only on old piece of crap....
    I like most of your mods... but that tailpipes way up in the air were VERY ridiculous! LOL Good thing you get rid of them....
    And previously we talked about seats - i have bucket in my DD WRX - getting in and out aren't that bad... so i think you will be fine...
    and im really surprised that this is your DD too....
    I was in a weird place when I put that huge exhaust stack on... Still, I regret nothing! (I have some good cop stories around that thing, bahaha.)

I think I'ma have to put in some buckets, yeah... I know Mike is worried about me with the antisubs and the roof mounts, haha. I think by the end of this year I will put down the money for a roll bar with a harness bar and get some buckets to go with it, which will solve all the seat and harness problems the car has now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun Rally View Post
    awesome car - I saw you on the freeway in San Diego and almost crashed trying to get a better look. Friggin RAD. Love the huge ass exhaust.

and your cat is bad ass. more pics plz

Bahaha, I almost miss that crazy exhaust... it sounded pretty awesome. But! My H6 is still clean, and having that thing was just asking for a citation.

Quote Originally Posted by acco205 View Post
    WES! glad you could finally make it over here dude! Fiona told me about the sad decent into madness this car took, but she left out some er...colourful...details. Gotta get those harnesses in better place though. i didnt see where your anti sub straps were mounted in the dark, thats a potentially deadly placement if you got ina front end collision. if you dont want to cut your seats up there is a way you can run them over the top of the seat so you sit on them and they wrap around. talk to some SCCA guys, as thats how they get around safely mounting a 6 point without changing seats (which would change classification).
    Thanks again for referring me here--you were right, these guys are awesome!

As I said earlier in this post I think I'm going to go ahead and bite the bullet and get some buckets when I get a roll bar. It'd just make everything better, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lminette View Post
    Dude!!!! Your TC is all kinds of awesome!!! Welcome to the boards man!! You mos def belong here!!
    Thanks man! Means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ogi View Post
    i'm loving the chalkboard paint
    I don't give it nearly enough love nowadays... The car is too busy being covered in dirt and mud for me to draw on it!

Nice man.
    Just looking at those pictures you can tell you had a hell of a good time. Reminds me of playing with Legos when I was a kid.

Also, the Rally Fighter:

PS. You better bring it out to a RallyX or DI meet. I want to see that thing in real life!
    - Ivan

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast