Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PTW's 08 Rally X and maybe more build

Default PTW's 08 Rally X and maybe more build

Figured since I had some time, I would start one of these. Got my 2008 OBP WRX sedan in 09. Was looking at the 09's but for the price they gave me on the 08 I couldn't pass up the deal. I was finally happy with my car again!!!

A while back this was my car

I used to take it to the track all the time drifting and HPDE's. Heavily modded it. Coilovers, S/C'ed it, BBK, C/F Hood and trunk. I was getting ready to cage it and wouldn't you know it, I knocked my wife up. So I figured it wasn't the best time to be putting all that money in my car. Around the same time I got a new job and they offered me a company car....a Honda Odyssey.

Yes I went from a S/C'ed M3 to a mini van. It's cool though, used the money from that to put a down payment on our first home. Everything was going great, but I didn't like my job so I found a new one. With it went the van. I loved the fact that I could pile a bunch of baby crap in the back of the van so I decided an SUV was the proper route for me. Picked up a Chevy Trailblazer. Once again

In 08 gas prices were going up and I decided I didn't need all the extra room anymore, so I tried to do the sensible thing and pick up a new Honda Accord. The dealership only wanted to give me $1200 for my SUV though...this was the best thing that could happen to me. A few months later I visited a Chevy dealer to see what they would offer me. Turns out they were also a Subaru and Mazda dealership. I always thought about the WRX or Mazdaspeed 3. No Mazdaspeed 3's on the lot so I test drove the WRX, loved it and they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I got it.

Back in the day I did a lot of driving events, from when I had my FWD SE-R to my M3. Hadn't been to the track in almost 5 years and I come across DI and learn about Rally X. Did my first event last year and was hooked. Thanks Dave (rallyOBXT) for throwing awesome GH events.

Then the modding bug hit

For now I want to stay in the Stock 4WD class to learn to drive on the dirt and do as many Rally X events as I can. In the future though, who knows what is in store for the car.

2/09 Here is the car when I got it

Added a strut brace for ****s and giggles

Since I have taken it out...

Signed up for my first rally X event my buddy said he would pay if I ran his stickers. I also decided to put on some home made mud flaps.

I also had them black out the chrome strip in the back. But no pics at the time.

Thanks to S&S Auto Parts, Mishimoto, aFe, Spec, Whiteline, Rally Kings, Konig, Vaughn Performance

2. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here

Pics of my first rally x event at Glen Helen in 2010

Rally X #2

Added Rally Pig sticker

I am not sure which Rally X event...and pic of my new magnaflow exhaust

Got some cheap rims for the street XXR something or anothers, use my stock rims for the dirt

Got my son some new wheels for Xmas

Got some open ended lugs

Before

after

Some engine compartment crap

Pics from the last rally x event I was at...

end result of the weekend.
    2nd and 1st

Don't know why, but I really like this pic

Thanks to S&S Auto Parts, Mishimoto, aFe, Spec, Whiteline, Rally Kings, Konig, Vaughn Performance

Cracked a fog light and lost a fender liner at that event. So I picked up these.

Threw some yellow tint on the fog lights to see how I like it...what do you guys think?

Support crew decal added

Working on some DIY fender liners tonight, will update with pics when they are done.

Glad you started a thread. Looking forward to see where you go from here.
    Have you considered stage rally at all?

I have thought about stage rally. But I have an 8 month old boy who takes a lot of time and money and know it isn't in my immediate future. On top of that I am not sure I want to build a awd turbo car as my first stage rally car. I have been looking around for gc's or even excort zx2s amongst others though.

Well as I was running the Glen Helen stock 4 class all season, there wasn't much I could do. But now that the season is over I got some updates....

First things first...got a new sticker

I got a new shift knob...the flossy grip rod and an Agency Power short shifter installed too.

Don't mind the bag in my car...just went to the grocery store.

But wait there's more....

I also have a few things I need to install that I have sitting at the house
    a new thermostat
    steel braided brake lines

but most importantly yesterday I placed my order for Feal's new 08 WRX kit
    http://www.rallyracingsuspension.com/

I believe they are going to be re-valved to be even better for the dirt. I am mating those to a set of King Springs with a 1.5" lift.

I will update with pics very soon.

Yup that's right, dropped the Onyx Boom off to Feal for new suspension!!! More pics to come shortly. It will be sitting on his new set up with King Springs.

Registered Member

Awesome! Seems like good things happened all at the same time...a son and a new hobby.

Got my car back from Feal. I love the feel of it. Body doesn't roll like it did with the stock suspension, ride feels firmer, but not overly firm, have a nice lift too. I couldn't be happier with my new suspension. I highly recommend this setup to anybody looking to get dirty with an 08+

I will get some better pics up later. I only had limited time since I had to prep my house for another round of wind storms...

As far as Feal goes, Odi is the man. Super nice guy, great service, great products, I would highly recommend him for any of your suspension needs.

Flint, MI; Charleston, SC; Jacksonville, FL

I really love the direction you are going with your WRX. I can't wait to see some nice beefy tires now with that lift would fill it out real nice!
    Go for it! If it breaks you get to fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by franchisco7 View Post
    I really love the direction you are going with your WRX. I can't wait to see some nice beefy tires now with that lift would fill it out real nice!

Put in an order for some 15x7 Team Dynamics. Gotta figure out what kind of tire I want to put on them.

So I had a problem. Under hard acceleration I heard some kind of rubbing or grinding noise. I first heard it on my way to work but only heard it on acceleration. I had to go visit a client and I heard it again. When I got to his place, I looked all over and couldn't see where anything was rubbing or grinding. Got back to my office spent even more time looking and couldn't find anything. I leave the office and head back to pick up my son from school. He gets in the car and says "Oh here's my light saber" then it hit me.

Turns out my noise was his light saber rolling and turning on and making noises when I was accelerating.

Flint, MI; Charleston, SC; Jacksonville, FL

^^^^Thats awesome. That is one of those awww f*** moments!
    Go for it! If it breaks you get to fix it!

17. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast