Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Springs and Subtle Solution spacers

Oh I have some but they aren't working with me. Soooooooooooooo the spacers are on and I will fight with the spring compressor another day

pictures in the first post!! 28.5" to the fender all the way around!!

One inch is what I need. Maybe I'll just get the Subtle spacers. The Outback struts required modifying my top hats and King Springs are just too expensive since the spring rates are practically the same as a stock 09-10 WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    One inch is what I need. Maybe I'll just get the Subtle spacers. The Outback struts required modifying my top hats and King Springs are just too expensive since the spring rates are practically the same as a stock 09-10 WRX.
    ya my king springs are still waiting to be put on, I need another spring compressor. the one just wasn't cutting it. so this story is to be continued.

Any updates? Are the springs that you purchased the same that Rockrammer installed or is there more lift to yours? I can't wait to see more pics.

Also curious how the springs worked out. Did you get the additional height Kings or the stock height/increased rate version? I'm really tempted by the stock height version and plan to install them with the Koni adjustable inserts in the front and shocks in the rear. Are you using the stock strut inserts and shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by x-ception View Post
    Any updates? Are the springs that you purchased the same that Rockrammer installed or is there more lift to yours? I can't wait to see more pics.
    same ones from the same dealer

Quote Originally Posted by technowrx View Post
    Also curious how the springs worked out. Did you get the additional height Kings or the stock height/increased rate version? I'm really tempted by the stock height version and plan to install them with the Koni adjustable inserts in the front and shocks in the rear. Are you using the stock strut inserts and shocks?

stock shocks and they are a slight increase in rate and height. I am waiting to see if I get another compressor for xmas or money to get it. Sorry for the delay. but i have waited months already for these to get installed I am in no hurry.

Regular Contributor

You definitly need the spring compressors! I did mine and it was pretty easy all in all. Not sure if you saw my thread but I took pics along the way of my install so you can get some hints of what you are getting yourself in to!

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=18511
    2010 WRX Hatch - Blue
    2010 WRX Hatch - Red
    2011 Impreza Hatch - White

yeah I have one, but I need two to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkinuts View Post
    yeah I have one, but I need two to get it done.
    I have a set you can borrow... PM me.
    '01 Impreza 2.5RS - RallyX SA

'89 RX-7 TurboII - 270 rwhp - Megasquirt3
    '89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve - Megasquirt2

So does it seem to ride stiffer with the spacers, or just higher? I figured it may tighten things up a little. You can use compressors for free from Advanced Autoparts if you do a $50 deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guero View Post
    So does it seem to ride stiffer with the spacers, or just higher? I figured it may tighten things up a little. You can use compressors for free from Advanced Autoparts if you do a $50 deposit.
    just taller yeah I am waiting until x-mas to see what I get.

So, 1.5 years later: you ever get this finished? Did you need a different trailing arm? If so, what did you use to get the wheels closer to their stock position, front to back?
    Lifted & always dirty!! Eric Mineheart Tuned

Old build (Roxie) & New Build (Bianca)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12