Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "TheDub" Project Rally Build

Default "TheDub" Project Rally Build

well, i guess its time to start my Journal.

I became a member of DI on March 1st 2010. I've owned my Blue 06' WRX for 3 yeas now and i never thought id love a car as much as i love my Subie.

Since the day i took my car home from the dealership. i couldnt help but get it dirty. Dirt, Mud, Snow, Rain, whatever i could find. dont get me wrong. I still love the way it looks when its nice and clean. i new when i got the car that i was goin to be spending alot of $$$ fixing broken parts from all the hell i was planning on putting my brand new WRX through. but little did i know i wasnt goin to be fixing it very often. Honestly, i havent had to fix a damn thing yet lol, other than my turbo because i "F"ed it up trying to put a down pipe on that i ended up takeing off anyway.

Im really stoked i recived a Spotted card on my subie up in Big Bear, CA. because DI has really grown on me. you all are totaly cool and im waiting to get together with some of y'all in the near future.

Current Mods:
    Invidia TB Exhaust
    drilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic pads

(Exterior)
    RA mud flaps
    RallyAmerica windsheild decal
    SUBARU Rally Team USA front lip decal

(Interior)
    Just me! lol

(Motor)
    N/A

Future Mods:
    not quite sure yet... but first things first "Safety"
    Cage
    Seats
    Suspention
    Wheels/Tires
    Breaks
    1" lift kit
    (H/P is last)

Here are some photos of "The Dub"...

Yes, it does snow in Southern California (Big Bear Lake, Ca)...

i will be posting more pictures as time gose on...

this is my Journal
    Last edited by Cambo; 06-20-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Cambo & TheDub

RallyX Car- WRB '06 WRX Sedan (TheDub) ^^^
    DD- Silver '02 WRX Wagon (Beca "TheWagon")

when warranty will end i'm looking forward to see some upgrades from you

Bubba02sti: technically its an AWD rallyinspired grocery getter

coldturbo get me a photo of her ripping up a field with wild flower

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Saugerty View Post
    when warranty will end i'm looking forward to see some upgrades from you
    hopefully you will see a skid plate and rear dif guard before then. lift kit may have to wait
    Cambo & TheDub

well, it was an interesting day yesterday...

first off, i got back from work and i had a spotted card on my car from Burtoe. i hit him up and cruised over to his pad and gave him a hand putting his new suspention in.

we took his car out to feel the new set-up and it felt really good so we took it in some dirt.

i wanted to him to hear the noise that my car was making so i took him for a ride and ended up on the same dirt road that he was on...

i came through a section just a "little" too fast lol. maybe alot too fast and caught the rear on the wall and it through the front into it. my wheels were turned to correct the slide and so my left front tire grabbed the wall and threw it up in the air thats when we landed upside down and slid for a while before we ended up back on the wheels...

so, it may or may not be totaled. but if it is, ill be getting another WRX soon. but not soon enought for Glen Helen i will still be there though i will keep updating my journal so you all know whats goin on...

here are some pics of "The Dub"...

Last edited by Cambo; 12-17-2010 at 01:29 PM.
    Cambo & TheDub

Good thing you're OK. If its totaled, buy it back from insurance and turn it into a rally car.

that really sucks mate

Bubba02sti: technically its an AWD rallyinspired grocery getter

coldturbo get me a photo of her ripping up a field with wild flower

Man that sucks!

Depending on mileage and NADA that will decide if it is total, here in Michigan if the amount for repairs is more than 75% of the value of the car it is total (that is for 2005 and newer cars) older models it is discretion of insurance company, by pics it does not look to bad at all!

Either way glad you are ok and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sammyk View Post
    Man that sucks!

Depending on mileage and NADA that will decide if it is total, here in Michigan if the amount for repairs is more than 75% of the value of the car it is total (that is for 2005 and newer cars) older models it is discretion of insurance company, by pics it does not look to bad at all!

Either way glad you are ok and good luck!
    well, my car has 100K miles. it runs fine it just dosnt go anywere. the tranny just spins, it might be because the axle got ripped out on the left front and the A-arm is bent like hell. we'll see how it goes. ill let you all know
    Last edited by Cambo; 04-02-2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Cambo & TheDub

payin my respects, bro. sorry. im pretty decent with damage estimates, im sorry, man but it looks like the ins co will total it. the car as a whole is not overwhelmingly expensive to fix. but the ins co cant cut corners like we can.. for example: it looks like (definately the driver side) all four doors all took some impact to the side impact beam, the law says they have to be replaced, period. we can go to a junk yard, they cant. im looking for a rally car project and from what im seeing on the pics, you now have one as well. try your best to keep it. if you do and want to sell it, let me know. good luck, man. if you got some part location questions, feel free to ask. im in palmdale, about 60 miles north-east of LA. glad to hear you are alright.
    BOATS & HOES

Forum Moderator
    Colorado Mob Boss

9/10 times an insurance company will total out a car that has been rolled

ummm...so if it is totaled...and you just so happen to do a part out ...that engine, trans, rear diff, and petal assembly are looking pretty tasty to me :P
    ~Anthony Sutter~ AKA BONE!

wifey- "Babe you would be so proud! I just ripped up a mud puddle and the turned around and did it again!" -awesome

Registered Member

Dont you just hate th ins co ruining your future fun plans. Hope you can keep it bro. Itll make on sick rally car!
    04 STi-(sold)
    Looking for 04 replacement

Quote Originally Posted by kemikalembalance View Post
    payin my respects, bro. sorry. im pretty decent with damage estimates, im sorry, man but it looks like the ins co will total it. the car as a whole is not overwhelmingly expensive to fix. but the ins co cant cut corners like we can.. for example: it looks like (definately the driver side) all four doors all took some impact to the side impact beam, the law says they have to be replaced, period. we can go to a junk yard, they cant. im looking for a rally car project and from what im seeing on the pics, you now have one as well. try your best to keep it. if you do and want to sell it, let me know. good luck, man. if you got some part location questions, feel free to ask. im in palmdale, about 60 miles north-east of LA. glad to hear you are alright.
    Well, me and my ol'lady are kinda hoping that it is totaled because we wont have that $550 payment every munth and like you all are saying, it will make an awsome rally car. im talkin to my buddies about goin in on it together because im not gonna have enough $$$ to buy it back from the incurance co. so we can have it for the track and posobly getting it built for stage rally. thats if they even let me have it back. i dont know how the laws work around here. never totaled a car before lol.

it seems as if the fam is is more upset about me rolling it than me and my girl are haha. damn there pissed at me... "dont you realize you have a family to support now! You cant be doin **** like that Cameron! Dont you think its time to grow up!" LMFAO!!! i have a hard time believing that they still havent realized who i am and how i live my life haha. they do have a good point, but all i have to say is that my Subaru is a hell of a car. and if im gonna roll a car thats the one to do it in.

i will definatly be hitting you up kemi if i get it back. im gonna need some help finding parts and junk. i apreciate all of your consern. im sure Bertoe dose too.

thanks, Cameron (A.K.A CAMBO)
    Cambo & TheDub

just want to give you all an update on my car...

so the insurance adjuster came buy and took some picture and determined that its a total loss, witch is kinda cool because it will be payed off (Debt + value = $0). i will be able to get the car back as a salvage so i will start my project rally as soon as everything is said and done. i dont know how long it will take but its gonna be back in my posession before long. the damage dosnt look too bad, looks like i will be replasing more cosmetics than anything. there is a problem with the drive train because it dosnt go anywere. i think it may be the front left axle. im gonna need a new front left A-arm also (its toast).

btw, i took the stickers off so the insurance company didnt questions me about RallyAmerica & SUBARU Rally Team USA lol

-Cambo

Last edited by Cambo; 04-09-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    Cambo & TheDub

Default Re: Just Me (Cambo) and "The Dub" (Blue 06' WRX)

Wow I am honestly surprised that they totaled the car. If you buy it back, you'll have a pretty good car to work with.

Try putting the car on jackstands (maybe even take the wheels off) and then see if you can get the tranny to move.

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast