Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TX RallyX - 'don't talk about it be about it'

We are on Event #4 already, and returning to BCR in San Marcos (just south of Austin) on Saturday April 14 after two successful races at Texas World Speedway.

visit www.TexasRallysport.com for links to register!

2. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here

Awesome event! I got so many runs i lost count. Huge thanks to James Wilson, Brianne Corn, and others for putting so much time and money in to make this possible.

-David

When the notification for this thread got turned off for me, or whatever happend, all kinds of fun stuff started getting posted!

I attended Texas Rallysport event's #4 and #5 (because that's when I caught on to what was going on right under my nose and mainly because I was amped with AWDTuning going to Pike's Peak with Brianne Corn so I followed on what that hard workin' rally monster was up to with tearing up all kinds of ridiculous mesquite at the B.C.R. in San Marcos).

I still haven't done more then help out on the rally days though. Both the B.C.R. (especially now with all the extra track that has been made!) and the course at Texas World Speedway are super fun, and very gentle on cars considering what we are doing to them

Now the Rally Ready school is up and running, Texas Rallysport is going on event #6 for the month of June, and still everything is bigger in Texas. Including drive times, lol. Some coming from Houston (thanks James for all the extra effort to make it happen!), DFW (me so far and one other guy showed up last time from that area), Austin area, and where ever else they heard about it to come and get dirty! Just don't wear your nice white shirt... Seriously disgusting at the end of the day, lol!

I have had a chance to meet some really cool people at the events who like to put these cars where the belong; In the dirt!

Hopefully we can find some stuff up in the DFW area as well, since the involvement might grow a bit when they see all the ear to ear grins and dirt being hucked all over the place; in the shape of awesome rooster tails

Pick it back up because the Summer fun has just begun!

Great event today, big pat on the back to James Wilson and Brianna Corn for putting on the event.

Yeah, it was super fun. I love the new more technical track (forcing me to learn, lol).
    I was going to! ...I just got distracted by that quarry on the way and well...

Event #7 coming up this Saturday the 28th! It will be at the Texas World Speedway in College Station, and sounds like there has been some prep work done to make the venue even better! The dirt there is super soft and light so you see HUGE plumes of dust getting kicked up

Get there!

Last edited by Smokin' Joe; 09-07-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Was a really good event, here are some pics if ya'll missed it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64477687@N08/

Yeah, I had a blast! The course re-design after lunch killed me though, lol! Well, live, learn, and push on! Great to see you out there Damon, and awesome job haulin' balls in that little rally car you've got! That thing has like no weight transition time at all it looked like.... Just going right and BANG going left with no roll or anything, lol. Just sliding and throttle

I've been MIA for a while, but now that James and Brianne have an awesome thing going, I'm getting back in!

The 8/25 event is in the books, but I had to miss it due to a work function. Who from D-I is planning on going to the 9/29 event at BCR? I'll be rocking a rental for the near future, but I'm building a '76 Triumph Spitfire with a Miata drivetrain for future events. Yep, weird.
    -Winston

Yeah man (I sometimes rally J/K, haha), they have done a TON or possible quite a few tons of work. I can't believe it, but my cousin's wedding falls on the next rallyX weekend, and I'm going to miss it. Nationals in Tulsa, OK are getting built up pretty nicely so far with some of the supporters around here, but it's just not quite the same without the crew at Texas Rallysport! I would rally every day if I could afford it, lol!

Yeah, more like I_(used to)Rally(Cross)

Too bad about the wedding, man. Oh well, there will be more events. I don't think that I can swing Tulsa this year, unfortunately. Too much other stuff going on, and the notice is pretty short. Besides, I haven't RallyCrossed since Spokes held them at Taylor Rotorsports. It would be fun, but I would be nowhere near contention. Definitely next year, after I have a season of TRS events under my belt.

Oh, and you're right about the ton(s) of work that has been put into BCR. I watched some video and decided to go ahead and run my Baja!
    -Winston

Good to hear! I don't recall having seen a baja out at an event yet, so I will be bummed to miss you running that thing.... it's a complete blast though! There are a few of us who go and try to fix up the track for the next events. I really like the new track lay-out

The Baja is much heavier than the GC/GF Imprezas AND mine is an auto, so I doubt that I'll be very competitive... but it will be FUN
    -Winston

Not like you need it in autodrive on a tight course, but there are quite a few automatics that play so you won't be the only one. It will definitely be fun =D And that sums up why we love it so much! There is a growing crew of competitors at the TRS events, and a few of them are going to Tulsa for the SCCA Nationals event as well from what I hear. I am almost certain I'm going, but I can't afford good Winter tires so I'll be running my Continental DWS Extreme all seasons like I have in every event so far this year. Not a great set, but they've done well for me I can't wait to see some other set-ups though since most who have registered so far are from Colorado.

16. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345