Thread: TOOL Review: 1/2" Goodyear 24v cordless impact wrench

Default TOOL Review: 1/2" Goodyear 24v cordless impact wrench

I picked this up about a month ago to make the task of swapping wheels at my race a little easier. I got it at pep boys for $100 w/ a $20 mail in rebate. For the money, I figured it was worth a shot. Besides I can always return it if it sucked. But, I love this thing and use it at every chance I get. And with my line of work, I use it A LOT! I highly recommend this thing for anyone that wants a kick ass cheap cordless gun!

Its a half inch, 24v cordless impact. The tool comes in a injection-molded case which stores the wrench, battery charger, 5" 1/2 drive extension, 19mm, 21mm, 13/16" & 3/4" impact sockets.
    Specs are as follows:
    MAX TORQUE: 170 FT/LBS
    2700 IMPACTS/MIN
    2200 RPM
    1900mAh BATTERY.

RYAN

Dirt's for racing. Tarmac is just for getting there

2. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here

Thanks! I'm was planning on finding a cordless impact tomorrow, cos after one rallycross of doing it, I can say.. changing wheels using a wrench gets really old really fast. And it comes with 19mm and 21mm which is exactly what I need. Cool.
    Phil

'03 Evo VIII : '90 Corrado G60 : '05 Legacy GT wagon : '11 Fiesta hatch : '77 Capri 2.8

Maximum attack!

Keep up with rallycross in SoCal and NorCal...

Facebook: California Rallycross || Twitter: @CalifRallyX || YouTube channel: CaliforniaRallycross

D.I.R.T. CoDriver worldrallyblue's Avatar

damn 100 dollars... thats alot better then the craftsman one for 300 or snap-on one for 500. I wonder if pepboys has extended warranties... so you can return when it/if it breaks... which is what i like about the craftsman and snap-on one.
    -Albert
    WTF Romain Grosjean...

Senior Dirty Member bfrancis827's Avatar

I saw this in the Pep boys add and have been debating it for a while. I might just have to pick one up on my way to JV.

Special Thanks to:

I had issues with my first one. The damn locking clip on the 1/2" drive broke and made it a royal pain in the ass to get a socket off. I returned it, got a new one and have had ZERO problems with it. It gets better with age as well. (It takes a few charging cycles to get it to its full potential)
    RYAN

very good price!! my Matco one was like $265 and I thought it was a pretty good deal :(
    Jack S.
    DCH rally SRT4 album
    sort-of sponsored/financed by: me &
    DCHtemecula.com and Verve Energy Drink "insanely healthy energy"

Quote Originally Posted by worldrallyblue
    damn 100 dollars... thats alot better then the craftsman one for 300 or snap-on one for 500. I wonder if pepboys has extended warranties... so you can return when it/if it breaks... which is what i like about the craftsman and snap-on one.
    well even if you have to buy a new one twice (3 total) you've still then paid the amount you would for a craftsman

I just wish it came with 2 batteries.
    RYAN

I just got back from Pep Boys - you can buy a spare battery for $40. Unfortunately for me, whilst they had the batteries, they did not have the tool itself. All they had was a corded Kawasaki and a dinky 12v-powered noname type thing. I'll go and check the other local PB in a bit.. if not, Harbor Freight here I come
    Phil

'03 Evo VIII : '90 Corrado G60 : '05 Legacy GT wagon : '11 Fiesta hatch : '77 Capri 2.8

Maximum attack!

Facebook: California Rallycross || Twitter: @CalifRallyX || YouTube channel: CaliforniaRallycross

The other local Pep Boys (for OC locals, Katella in Orange, next to the strip club) had loads.. I got one, and one of those cool aluminium racing jacks too. My wallet hurt afterwards but the tools are freaking awesome, I feel like a real pro now
    Phil

Maximum attack!

Best Halloween Parties Ever Blix666's Avatar

when this thread started i began looking up reviews for this tool and found only excellent feedback. only gripes i found were people complaining about finding replacement batteries.

will definitely be puttin' one'o'these puppies on my christmas wish list!

"It`s good for everyone to understand that they are to love their enemies, simply because your enemies show you things about yourself you need to change. So in actuality enemies are friends in reverse." -Gary Busey

13. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here