Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Atlantic Fall G2G: Oct 17th & 18th

Default Mid Atlantic Fall G2G: Oct 17th & 18th

October "Mid Atlantic Get-2-Gether"

Now for the details of the event:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    October 17th (Saturday around 6:30pm) we will be holding a DI Meet & Greet at my home (PM me or my wife "goodnight gracie" for the address). The grill will be fired up and I'm looking to have hotdogs, hamburgers & potato chips provided. This will be a BYOB event... If you wish to provide a dish for everyone to share, that would be greatly appreciated. Send me a PM and let me know what you plan on bringing so I make sure we don't end up with 40lbs of macaroni or potato salad!!!!!!
    **Also, that evening a "small" group of us will be going out and playing on some local Williamsport back roads. Only those who are equipped with "offroad" lighting should choose to join us.**
    -----------------------------------------------------
    On the morning of October 18th (Sunday) we will be meet at the very back of the Burger King parking lot (Maynard St. Williamsport, PA 17701) just off of I-180/Rt-15 at the Maynard St. exit. We will head north from there. Looking to meet around 8:30-9:00am if at all possible. I'd like to be on the road and headed for Wellsboro by 9:30am.

General Points of Interest:
    - The drive up will be along scenic PA back roads as we head into town. With the parade of cars that will be traveling together, please remember to be respectful of each others cars and the speed laws. I will be contacting the Wellsboro police dept. to make it known that we'll be in the area for a "meet & greet", not to tear around and cause problems.

- I will be bringing a tool kit with me for on the road repairs. Don't hesitate to bring some in your car as a just in case as well. You can never have enough tools when something needs repaired in the middle of Nowheresville!

- There is an Advance Auto Parts in town (Wellsboro) and I've already alerted Aaron Mosher (the manager) that we will be in the area. They stock a large amount of Subaru parts because of their abundance of people driving them in the northern region of PA.

- ANYONE who decides to act like a moron doing something idiotic will simply be asked to leave the group and return home. I will have zero tolerance for stupid stunts in a group this large!! I want this to become an annual event and not be blacklisted by the police/local residence and asked not to come back as a group.

Here's a little info on the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon:
    The Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania

Leonard Harrison and Colton Point state parks are on opposite sides of Pine Creek Gorge, called the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. Many scenic vistas offer spectacular views into the 800-foot deep, glacially-carved canyon. The scenery at these parks is superb in every season of the year and is especially stunning in late September through mid-October. The large abundance of deciduous hardwood trees display beautiful autumn shades of yellow, orange, red and purple. Pockets of evergreen trees provide a dash of green year-round.
    The “Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania” begins just south of Ansonia, along US 6 and continues south for about 47 miles. At its deepest point, Pine Creek Gorge is 1450 feet deep and nearly one mile wide. At Leonard Harrison and Colton Point state parks, the depth of the canyon is about 800 feet and these parks have the most spectacular scenic overlooks.
    Many recreational opportunities are available in the Canyon. Some of these activities are regulated by the Bureau of State Parks or by the Bureau of Forestry, which have slightly different rules and regulations. Visitors can hike, mountain bike, horseback ride, fish, seasonally whitewater boat, hunt, camp and birdwatch.
    Formation of the Canyon
    Until about 20,000 years ago, Pine Creek flowed northeasterly. Then the Laurentide Continental Glacier, which covered most of northern North America, moved into the area, pushing rocks, soil and other debris, which dammed Pine Creek, forming a lake near Ansonia.
    The abundant glacial meltwater eventually overflowed the debris dam, reversing the flow of Pine Creek to its current southerly flow. The abundant meltwater of the glacier swiftly carved a deep channel. Thousands of years of erosion by Pine Creek has carved the spectacular Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania.
    Spencer, Dan, Andrea/Chris, my wife and I are opening our doors to those who would like to stay over night & need a place to crash. Please notify any one of us by no later than September 15th if at all possible to arrange a sleeping quarters for everyone. Kate & I have plenty of room in our back yard for anyone that wants to come up the night before and pitch a tent. If it becomes too cold, we can accommodate a few people inside (3-4 total).

**Google Maps image locating the Sheetz gas station**
    Burger King is literally right next to the highway (our meeting place)

Also, those of you who have DI t-shirts will be asked to wear them. We'll go to the PA Grand Canyon look out and take a group photo for Aaron to post up in the monthly news letter. The people with DI shirts will be placed in the front of the pack. If you don't alreay have one, be sure to hit up the forum's online store. Aaron is on the ball and gets the orders out VERY quickly!

Beanies: $12
    T-shirts: $16 up to XL (add $2 for XXL)
    Hoodies: $35 up to XL (add $2 for XXL)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendance List Update Version - 51.756:

Definite
    1. Jason (dropdfocus)
    2. Kate (goodnight gracie)
    3. Dan (Vermillionx) w/ Alan
    4. Spencer (Strat) w/o Tasha due to Military Training in Cali
    5. Ryan (pigpen) staying overnight Saturday
    6. Sanjay (Spatizzle)
    7. Richard (97scoobyL)
    8. Justin (subie88 ) staying overnight Saturday
    9. Dimitri (aerioAWD)
    10. Billy (Onesicksoob) staying overnight Saturday
    11. Scott (stirally8 ) w/ his wife Sarah
    12. Ryan (ryno50485)
    13. Elizabeth (Kerplunk105) w/ Nick (Passatboy02)
    14. Cody (rudozer)
    15. Jeremy (watson 29) w/ Jeff as a possible guest
    16. Mark (fatkidLGT) and Lydia
    17. Zak (AWDkid)
    18. Dave (IWSTi member) w/ his wife Stacy
    19. Matt (LegacyCentral member)
    20. Andrea (turboimprezagirl)
    21. Chris (not a DI member) <---Andrea's husband
    22. Billy (Broken Motorsports) w/ his girlfriend Erika
    23. Patrick (vmethos) staying overnight Saturday
    24. Astin (SLi.net member)
    25. Jon (not a DI member) <---Astin's brother
    26. Tyler (not a DI member) <---Astin's brother
    27. Andrew (AWSneer) w/ Nate & Bri as passengers
    28. Nick (Andrew's friend)
    29. Pat (Andrew's friend)
    30. Jay (Andrew's friend)
    31. Luke (Andrew's friend) <<<< He might not be driving tho
    Possible/Maybe:
    1. Bob (SL-i.net member)
    2. Dan (SL-i.net member)
    3. Tom (RS25.com member)
    4. Dan (RS25.com member)
    5. John (highway_patrol)
    Last edited by dropdfocus; 10-12-2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Update the attending list & meet info
    Jason - Mid-Atlantic Events Coordinator
    1992 Legacy Sport sedan "Trixie"
    <--- Build thread link
    Sponsored by :
    WindingRoadRacing.com

2. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here

im going to be there as i will finally be home from active duty training and have my car in great shape as well...so count me in i voted for the first weekend in october but i cant remember what my guard weekend is so when i find out ill be more sure but the first weekend works out great none the less....
    Rllyrckt + Spatizzle
    Original Auto Brothers!!

I'm a rally rocketman

DIOTM february 2008 winner!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    There are just so many things to do to these cars. In the middle of doing things TO 'em, I have too much fun doing things WITH them.

1st and 3rd are working weekends for me. Unless I decide to take vacation and use my holy request-off-working-weekend-day card. Lets see how the votes roll in.

Well I'm hoping that we can get a collection of members from NY, NJ, RI, DE, MD & WV to join up at this gathering. Non Subaru drivers are welcome to tag along, but I'm not being held responsible if they get made fun of for being at a Subaru Meet & Greet w/o a Subaru...
    <--- Build thread link
    Sponsored by :
    WindingRoadRacing.com

Mid-Atlantic Regional Moderator VermillionX's Avatar

Ok so I have the dates that I will be home. They are still tentative(sp?). But any of those will work for me. Plus that also gives me time to get the new whip. Is this going to be a street event or an offroad one?

I want to try to run the dirt roads around here and try that braking thing.

Funny thing that Quagdar(giggidy...giggidy...giggidy)

Remembering the loss of a great friend and leader. You will be missed 1LT Jeff DePrimo.

Registered Member

^^ what he said plus where is it going to be held

That is open to group decision as well.

Dirty Version
    Since the STPR was just held on the back roads of Wellsboro, PA that we could meet there and take a fun "tour" of the actual course stages because I have a full listing of all the roads used in my Media/Press packet I received this year.

Clean Version
    Then again, some may just want to cruise to a PA state park picnic area and just hang out while showing off their cars and maybe get in a little bit of fishing too!

I'm up for either option since I'll be driving my car and the wife will be driving her's.
    (Glad to see you chimed in on the discussion Dan. )
    <--- Build thread link
    Sponsored by :
    WindingRoadRacing.com

how about we do both, either meet up and do some fishing and "clean" fun in the morning and then if anybody wants to rally and what not we can do that in the afternoon/evening and if somebody doesnt wanna take their car they can ride along with those who wanna have some "dirty" fun!!!!
    Rllyrckt + Spatizzle
    Original Auto Brothers!!

I'm a rally rocketman

There are just so many things to do to these cars. In the middle of doing things TO 'em, I have too much fun doing things WITH them.

Mid-Atlantic Regional Moderator VermillionX's Avatar

Well it depends on what car I have. I am not going to take it out and play on the back roads if I have a new one by then. But I am always down for some fishing. I miss that. If we do go to Welsboro then I will be taking it easy.

Jason what about a 44 curise up to Welsboro. We could hit up the back roads that we ride and have some fun there. Think of it like a tarmac rally.

I want to try to run the dirt roads around here and try that braking thing.

Funny thing that Quagdar(giggidy...giggidy...giggidy)

Remembering the loss of a great friend and leader. You will be missed 1LT Jeff DePrimo.

Interesting idea, Wellsboro is gonna work for both options cause we can cruise to some cool spots in the PA Grand Canyon/Tioga National Forest area for a picnic, and not be far from the rally roads at all for later in the day.

^^^I like that idea^^^ can we run the dirt roads at night because i wanna be able to use my "pyramid of lighting power"!!!!
    Rllyrckt + Spatizzle
    Original Auto Brothers!!

I'm a rally rocketman

the first weekend in october is a track weekend at watkins glen for me, so i voted the third, but i could probably do the 2nd weekend too.

I'm game for heading up Rt. 44 towards Wellsboro. We can picnic and play once we get into that area. Make sure everyone plans for this to be an all day event.
    <--- Build thread link
    Sponsored by :
    WindingRoadRacing.com

yea im planning it to be an all day event and i may possibly need a place to crash at for the night as it is a 2-3hr drive home, so...any offers???
    Rllyrckt + Spatizzle
    Original Auto Brothers!!

I'm a rally rocketman

I can support a handfull of people at our house (inside or outside). 1 hour drive south from Wellsboro just off from Route 15/I-180.
    <--- Build thread link
    Sponsored by :
    WindingRoadRacing.com

17. Don't like seeing these ads? Register on the DirtyImpreza.com forums today - Click Here
Page 1 of 72 1231151 ... LastLast